Thursday, January 23, 2020

CNY Celebration 2020

Early this year, the Mother Tongue teachers ask if I can perform for the CNY Concert. 

So I decided to choreo something for my wushu students, with me inside it. Not that I want to show off, but it took me only one session to finish the choreo with my students. After one session and two rehearsals, we go perform already. 

Though I must admit, the choreo is quite simple. The kids only need to learn 5 bars of steps. And they do some domino effect (to "waste" the music), walk down stage to perform, and then go up stage again ("waste" more music) and taaaa daaaa we are done. Hahahahaha. 

I also ordered a costume from taobao for this performance. I ordered on 11 Jan 2020. And it got delivered on 23 Jan 2020. The performance is on 24 Jan 2020. Talk about treading on thin ice. :p

Got the wow effect a not? Hahahaha. 

Signature pose! How can it be a Mr Tan item, without my signature pose, correct? Thank you to all my wushu students who are game enough to do it with me. 

Right after the performance, I quickly went down to the canteen to set up the Lou Hei with my Staff Well-being Committee (SWC) colleagues. This year I am the SWC Chairperson. 

My vice-chairperson, Diyanah. She will take over me as Chairperson next year. 

My treasurer, Hui Ping. She was also my FT partner in 2016, when I first joined the school. 

SWC 2020! I love this team. Thank you so much for working so closely together in enhancing the work life harmony! Missing another team member, Mdm Zahara, who is the SSD, and is like a mother to me, always giving me guidance and advice. 

Of course must take pic with my beloved PE Dept! 

Happy CNY everybody! Enjoy the long weekend!