Tuesday, August 20, 2013

my facebook post

Miss Deniece Grace, Mr Amin Alifin and Mr John Khoo had already post their thoughts on B-Dazzled. 

Finally it is my turn. 

When I first took over as Teacher In-Charge from Miss Eudora Tan, I was full of apprehension. Simply because she has done a really good job for the past few years. And I have zero experience in music and choir. I am so afraid that I will not be able to continue her legacy for TPSS Show Choir. 

We suffered a setback at the start of the year, with only 10 Sec One students joining us. Our target was at least 15. Another setback came when a few Sec Two students start to quit at the beginning of the year. The third setback was when more than half of the Sec One students quit at the midpoint of the year. 

And we have moved on. Strongly. With an unwavering attitude of not giving up.

Now here comes my acknowledgement. In no order of merit.

Firstly, our 5 lovely 'Foreign Talents', Teo Cui XuanEstel ChongAngelica MukIrfan Sufiyan and Lutfi. We really have to thank you all for agreeing to help us, and for committing wholeheartedly to our practises. We are so happy that you all have integrated seamlessly into our Show Choir family. And that most of you actually prefer us than your main CCA. *OOOOPS*

Secondly, our wonderful seniors, who keep encouraging us, help us in many ways that they can, even though they have to study for their O Levels. Dyeing of costumes, making props, "dirtying" the costumes before the competition. And not forgetting during the rehearsal on Saturday as well as the competition on Sunday, helping all of us do make-up, do quick change, run errands, practise vocals, etc etc. 

Thirdly, our awesome President Goh Chau Li, who is simply the mother of the Show Choir family. (I am not implying that Arshad is the husband.) Thank you for taking care of everyone when the teachers and instructors are not around, making sure that everything gets done smoothly, and everybody are serious in practise. 

Miss Deniece, who is always so strict with us but yet cares for us, and wants all of us to look good and be confident on stage. 

Mr Amin, for the wonderful choreography, that really makes TPSS Show Choir stand out from the other show choirs in the most unique manner. We really feel that we should get the Best Showmanship and Best Choreography Award!

Mr John Khoo, for giving us advice on our vocals on Saturday and Sunday, as well as the constant encouragement to all of us when you are walking around the dressing rooms. 

Last but not least, the whole TPSS Show Choir. All of you have demonstrated strongly the shared values of TPSS - Teamwork, Perseverance, Service and Success. The 'Diamond' Award belongs to each and everyone of you. 

Remember, we are a TEAM, a FAMILY. We are who we are today, because we are strongly bonded. 

Finally, on a personal note:
I really don't feel sad that we did not get Best Overall Show Choir. I am very satisfied with what we have achieved. 
And I am thankful that I am the Teacher In-Charge of Show Choir. And there is only one reason: BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU. 

Signing off,
Mr Tan YY
*on the verge of tearing*